Run Your Gun Tactical ® – NAAGA Basic Pistol Instructor Course
Mississippi has accepted the Basic Pistol curriculum as an approved course to obtain the Enhanced Carry permit (Instructor Certified).
This allows a NAAGA Training Counselor to certify individuals who meet the criteria to become a Basic Pistol Instructor.
The process is as follows:
- You must be a current NAAGA member and remain current during your tenure as an NAAGA instructor.
- You must be at least 21 before attending the instructor certification course.
- You must have taken the NAAGA Basic Pistol Course. If not, you will be required to schedule, take, and pass the Basic Pistol Course at level 4 at minimum before taking the NAAGA Instructor Course. The Basic Pistol Course may only be taken with an active NAAGA firearms instructor. [NOTE: During the NAAGA Instructor Course we will not teach you how to shoot. You must already be prepared and proficient in the NAAGA Basic Pistol Instructor Course of Fire and you must provide your NAAGA Basic Pistol Course Certificate with your application.]
The process will be administered over 3 days.
- Day 1:
- Attend the Basic Pistol course and complete the required coursework. The course will provide insight to the Instructor candidate on what he/she will teach their students.
- If you need to take this, then please be sure to add the prerequisite for the discounted price of $50.00.
- If you have already taken the prerequisite, then you will need to provide the certificate upon registration, and you can be admitted for Day 2.
- Day 2:
- Begin the process of understanding how to teach the material as an Instructor. The Instructor candidate will conduct “Teach-Backs” to display their knowledge of the materials.
- Day 3:
- Complete the remaining coursework and perform required range drills and qualifications.
- Note: The Instructor candidate should be proficient prior to attending the course. As expressed in the prerequisites, the course is not designed to teach the Instructor candidate how to shoot.
For more information, feel free to contact the Lead Instructor, Jaron Smith.
- 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Day 1
- Online Session
- 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Day 2
- In-Person Session
- 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Day 3
- In-Person Session